At Solly Family Dentistry your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we do follow usual universal precautions in our operatories and office. With safety in mind, we have made some changes to the office and patient experience:
· To maintain social distancing, we have installed plexiglass barriers at the reception desk, decreased waiting room capacity, extended office hours, and limited the number of staff and patients in the clinic at one time.
· All patients, staff, and personnel are screened prior to entering the building on the phone and in the parking lot.
· All items that patients touch in our reception area are disinfected after each use like reception room chairs and debit machine. We also disinfect our washrooms after each patient use.
· Masks are worn by patients while in the office, outside of treatment.
· You will find our staff now wearing more protective equipment than before including caps, face shields, masks, and gowns.
· Air filters have been added to all 6 operatory in addition to the one already located in the reception area
These are the questions that you will be asked over the phone and in person the day of your appointment:
· Have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
· Have you tested positive to Covid-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 without wearing appropriate personal protective equipment?
· Do you have any of the following symptoms:
o New onset of cough
o Worsening chronic cough
o Shortness of breath
o Difficulty swallowing
o Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
o Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches
o Nausea/vomiting/diarrhea/abdominal pain
o Pink eye
o Runny nose/congestion without other known cause
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
· If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
o a cold or the flu
o fever or nausea
o severe headaches or body aches
o muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
o vomiting or diarrhea
o active tuberculosis (TB)
o mumps, measles, chickenpox
o other contagious disease
· Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
· World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int
· Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.